Between Agia Roumeli and Sfakia is the picturesque seaside village of Loutro, bay of Cape Mouri. The communication is done with the boat line and boats from Sfakia is 2 nautical miles. Also be accessed on foot from the town and the path leading to the beach freshwater, lasting about 2 hours, and from Anopoli about an hour.

Here was the ancient city of Phoenix, which was the port of ancient Anopoli and refers to the Acts of the Apostles. Later used as a winter port of the country, because of the protection offered even in strong weather. The village got its name from the springs that were found there, the water of which came from Anopoli. The bath was called Katopoli.

Here Kritagenis worshiped Zeus and Apollo of Delphi. West of the village are the ruins of the ancient city, the temple of Apollo and the Turkish castle. Next to the church of St. Catherine at the entrance of the village still stands the Turkish Koules, built in 1866 and has a circular shape and height. Used as a school. An important building is elementary, located in the middle of the village and it was the building that housed the 'chancellor of Sfakian' during the revolution of 1821.

The bath is the ultimate haven for those seeking the perfect tranquility, relaxation, enjoying the beautiful beaches along with hiking, away from noise, the vastness of the White Mountains and the Libyan Sea. Ideal choice for families, as there are no cars. The water is crystal clear and a little deeper. Here you will find rooms and apartments, and taverns with fresh fish from local fishermen. Apart from the beach of the village, east is the beach 'freshwater'. For the more active, the village you can rent kayaks and to hike the trails and gorges. Main celebrations of the Assumption, St. Anthony and the Holy Cross which is east, it Perivolaki between freshwater and baths, built in the ruins of a Venetian fortress.

Booking.com

Αυτήν τη στιγμή επισκέπτονται τον ιστότοπό μας 69 επισκέπτες και κανένα μέλος

Go to top μενού